Sunday 19 December 2010

Blogger is better!

If you've been considering using a free blog service you really can't go past Blogger. I've been toying with the idea of setting up this blog in wordpress.com but after some consideration I've decided in favour of Blogger, specifically, Blogger in Draft.

The final look of a blog is what draws readers in. Simplicity and an uncluttered look are inviting. Widgets on the side add interest without looking too busy. I like to add side widgets with things that interest me and, hopefully, will interest others. Blogger allows me to add widgets using java script but Wordpress doesn't allow this at all, as a security precaution. While I see their point of view, I think this is very limiting. I can add all sorts of interesting side widgets in Blogger but without these Wordpress looks too boring.

Another thing I like also to include is a blog roll of things I like to read. Wordpress gives me a widget to add a blog roll but fails to allow me to add a blog title or snippets of text (which I don't use, but some might like to) in order to tweak the readers' interest. It gives me a title "Blog Roll" and the website link. I can add a description which you can see if you hover over the link. Well, really, I can't be bothered with that when I can get a whole lot more with Blogger and with far less effort!

In Blogger  you have a wonderfully wide choice of backgrounds and can change fonts and colours of fonts quite easily in the design view in Blogger in Draft. Also, posts are saved automatically in draft every few minutes - I hardly every have to do it manually. And, one final plus, the post writing window is much bigger, giving you a better view of the finished product. Wordpress' tiny little composing window can be changed to full screen but in order to save it you need to go back to the small window.

Give me Blogger any time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment